Tuesday, August 30, 2005

WOW!

man, what a crazy couple of days! as you all know, i quit my job at the despot... i figured i could pull a peter gibbons... (f*ckin' a)...

yeah, pulling a peter gibbons doesn't work. i still, unfortunately, need a job, and pay rent, and insurance, and loans.


so, i decided i would start my own business! who wouldda thunk all it takes is a trip down to the DMV and eight bucks?!?!

it's called 'blank slate solutions' and my motto on the business cards is 'vision and ingenuity never draw a _____.' ha ha! i am so very punny!


anywho, i guess i would fall under property management and home repair/improvement...


it's pretty sweet, i never get two of the same jobs twice! like, today, i refurbished some railings on the back porches of a town home association... tomorrow, i'll be installing some 'dog stations' (basically doggie poo-motels) down in fountain.

the only scary thing is that i've had to buy a good bit of tools, materials, overhead cost, etc., and i have pretty much exhausted my bank accounts... i checked about 20 minutes ago, and i have $1.83 to my name.





weird...





i guess it's all or nothing this time! it'll be interesting to see whether or not i'll get enough work to stay afloat...







let's hope.







it is kinda cool though, to be in this financial situation, i mean... it's like a monetary baptism of sorts... i am washed anew, and get a second chance to be Jesus-responsible with my moolah... let's hope i can be.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, big changes happening... i'll be praying for you buddy. Just thinking about throwing myself so completely into a decision like that makes my head spin, so i've gotta say you are a courageous man and i admire you. Keep us posted and know you've got buddies behind you every step of the way.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Lord Milton Pepperbottom III said...

thanks brother! and i mean 'brother' in both the family sense and the black sense!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

So you're a handy man huh? Isn't it usually the handyman that ends up being the serial killer? But those guys usually move far away from their family and friends and quit jobs at retail giants...wait...

4:38 PM  
Blogger Lord Milton Pepperbottom III said...

crap... maybe the first on my list of kills should be someone who knows what i am up to... then, everone else will get the message... its gotta be someone that doesn't live near me... and someone who knows my evil plans... preferably someone married so they will be softened by the pampering of another... wait...


ha ha!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Timmay! said...

Hey Jev, before you go nuts come over and fix my fence!!!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Lord Milton Pepperbottom III said...

only for 100 bucks and hour!!!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Timmay! said...

That sounds like a really good deal. (In best Keanu Reeves voice)

6:31 AM  
Blogger Lord Milton Pepperbottom III said...

nice matrix reference!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey buddy. e-mail me, it´s time to catch up with your favourite norwegian.

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much do you charge for wiping my butt?

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey brother,

check this article out - looks like you're not the only one tired of all the texans in colorado!

call me some day before i die please.
-m00n-

10:40 PM  
Blogger Mr. Mark said...

I liked Jev once, but now i'm not so sure. he never calls or writes me anymore. I miss the love letters and the late night calls. Jev where are you?

7:58 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Jev buddy, are you in hiding? I have to confess that I thought you were the guy on Americas Most Wanted, but I just wasn't sure...so I called in the tip.

I thought better safe than sorry, right?

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jev... if you don't like being self employed you can admit that you are gay and move in with me in San Francisco... I will only charger you sex for rent

9:24 AM  
Blogger Mr. Mark said...

Jev is dead!! I think.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home