Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Holy Crap!!!!

i was at Whole Foods today to pick up some lunch, and on the way in i saw a dollar bill on the ground.

i figured it was my lucky day... until i saw that it had a zero after the one!!!!!



frick yeah! ten bucks here i come!




i then took it up to the front counter just in case anyone had lost it (out of guilt more than selflessness, to be honest). the whole time prayin no one had lost any money and had come up looking for it.


the lady told me she hadn't heard anyone was and that i could keep it!




i decided it would splurge a little, so i got myself a tasty 'virgil's' cream soda to go with my spinach salad.



i strolled up to the counter to make my purchase and i whipped out my 10 and asked her if she could 'break it' just to be a big schmuck.

she replied 'sorry sir, i can't break a hundred,'


i gave her a short acknowledging laugh to let her know i appreciated the fact she was playing around with my little game, but she just kept staring at me all serious like...


confused, i looked down and saw my Hamilton somehow squared itself into a Franklin without my knowledge...




needless to say, i first though about saving it... ya know, because i'm jobless and whatnot.


but i figure, eh, being a stingy bastard ain't fun for no one!



one thing i have learned about money in the past couple of years is this: it's not mine anyway; it's God's. so why keep it to yourself when instead you can bring smiles to the faces of those who mean to you the most.




so, me and my roomies are hitting Old Chicago tonight for pizza and beer... all on Franklin's tab!

3 Comments:

Blogger Timmay! said...

Atleast you're not spending God's money on whores.

And look again, see if Franklin has become whoever that guy on the thousand is.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Jev, I have a stack of dollar bills I want you to work your magic on.

5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So now that you found the 100 smacks "Are we still feeling pretty good about that 32 piece set..?"

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home