Thursday, June 09, 2005

!?!?!?!?!

so, i recieved this "fortune" after a tasty meal at Pei Wei, an asian diner just a short jaunt from the Depot. at first, i simply grazed over the message. my reading of it was almost token... ya know, somthing you do as a polite gesture, kinda like saying "'scuse me" when you walk past someone hogging the whole isle. you don't really mean, it but you say it anyway.



then, after a few seconds of thought, i piked up the small piece of paper again and read it, this time fully and wholeheartedly. 'holy crap!' i thought. this is a bit deep for a fortune cookie isn't it? shouldn't you be teaching me how to say spoon in Mandarin or telling me that my gifts will help me prosper one day?



...



'if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. - 1Jn1:9




hmm...




man, those random Chinese fellas sitting around a 20 year old Chinese-English dictionary poorly translating old Chinese proverbs from Mandrin to English have it more together than i once assumed...







kudos dudes...





thoughts?

4 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

That was too deep. The last thing I want to do after eating a meal of Chinese food is read something that is philisophical. There reality is not your reality buddy!

I do like how they have your lucky numbers there. You should buy a lottery ticket immediately.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Q said...

...in bed.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Mr. Mark said...

I wish I wass eating more chinese food!!!!!!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Lord Milton Pepperbottom III said...

i love the Chinese!!!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home