Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Opportunities...

i had the opportunity to do something today that i haven't done in a while... i watched the sun set. only, i didn't simply watch the sun set...


it was if i underwent the sun setting.


i didn't just look at the sun drop below the mountains... it was more than that. i was present in the sunset in a way i don't know if i can describe. i was present the way a mother is, just after the birth of her child and she finally sees thier tiny, pink face for the first time. i was present in the way a certain piece of music runs chills down your back, for who knows why?


i was present in today's sunset as if i were today's sunset...


i feel like this makes no sense... but... i guess that's part of the frustrating charm of being human.

6 Comments:

Blogger Veracity said...

Sunsets and sunrises... I've always loved them.

For me, it's as if I'm sitting front row watching the most spectacular and amazing show ever... and then some...

5:57 AM  
Blogger Dark Mother Studios said...

No words in any human language can describe that feeling.

One (such as myself) either knows it firsthand, and therefore understands exactly what you mean, or they are absolutely and utterly oblivious and ignorant of the feeling, and therefore they think you some sort of tree-hugging, earth-magick, peacenik freak.

And who doesn't love the Tick?
Not that live-action crapola.
Real, animated, Ben-Edlund-designed and Townsend-Cole-voice Tick.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Mr. Mark said...

I like sunsets and sunrises.
p.s.
never watch the movie before sunrise, it sucks.

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunsets are good, but I like popcorn. Its really fluffy, salty (if you like it that way) and buttery. It makes everthing better, movies, diabetes, etc. I think if there were no sun, it would be O.K. as long as I had popcorn and a glock, (which I may add is still under my name)

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are so smart!!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Lord Milton Pepperbottom III said...

i dunno who you are... but what i do know is that if i swung both ways... i would look up my guy nick b... sorry, to obvious... i meant n. benesch...

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home